Projector and Lamp Care
Projector Care Tips
- Read the user's manual that came with your projector. It will include operational information exclusive to your projector.
- Become familiar with the unit before your first presentation or event.
- To prolong your lamp's life, always allow your projector to cool completely before turning off or unplugging. Remember that excessive heat can greatly shorten your lamp life. Do not operate your projector in direct sunlight or near a heat source.
- Change filter as specified by your user's manual.
- Never operate the unit without the air filter. Doing so can draw dust in to the optics of the projector, which can be projected on to your image.
- Avoid using your projector in a smoky environment. This can cause damage to the optics of the unit and can void your warranty.
- Store your projector in a cool, dry area. Save the shipping box for safe, secure storage when not in use. If the need arises for you to ship your projector in the future, the original box and packing material is the safest way to pack your unit.
- If projector is mounted to ceiling, be sure the area near the intake fan is kept clean and not in direct line of air or heat vents.
- For optimal image quality, always keep your lens clean. The safest way to clean your lens is with a lens cloth, which can be purchased at a camera store.
Tips to Extend Lamp Life
Lamp life for a projector will vary based on many factors including application, installation, intake of cool air and exhaust of hot air, usage, and proper maintenance. Heat buildup can reduce lamp life and even damage your projector. Here are some tips to help your projector lamps last longer.
- Once you turn on your projector, wait at least five minutes before turning it off to allow the fan to properly cool the unit. After the fan has cooled your projector, you may unplug it and store it as desired.
- Do not obstruct the air intake or exhaust vent. Paper should not be placed on top of a projector, or where vents are located.
- Keep the exhaust vent at least two feet from any object.
- If the projector is built into a compartment, wall, ceiling or shelf mount, the minimum distance requirement (usually at least two feet) stated in your owners manual must be maintained.
- Clean the projector's air intake filter every three to six months - or more frequently - based on your operating environment.
- Do not move your projector until the lamp has cooled (about five minutes).
Want to Recycle Your Old Lamp?
AVI-SPL is pleased to offer our customers projector lamp recycling at no cost to you - you pay only the shipping costs to ship the lamp to our recycling center. While many companies offer a recycling service, they often charge for the recycling - AVI-SPL pays the recycling cost - and keeps our carbon footprint small by having you ship directly to our recycling center. It's quick, easy and inexpensive to be environmentally responsible. To print your pre-labeled address label, click here. »